Social Media Software Developer
Tenthwave is a more personal full-service digital agency specializing in social marketing, digital strategy, website design and development, SEO and search, promotions, sweepstakes and technology. Tenthwave is the result of the combination of 3 award winning digital agencies. We are growing and expanding and looking for the next great developer to join our team.
What’s in it for you:
- Great Salary and Benefits, plus incentives.
- Work in a growing, stable and fun company in the heart of NYC
- Learn about Social Media and master your skills related to Facebook, Twitter, and other applications platforms.
- Play an intricate role in the entire software lifecycle from discovery and planning to testing and final release.
- Work on products for our Fortune 500 client list.
- Work in a casual but fast paced environment.
- Be part of a dynamic team the prides itself on producing quality, cutting edge, and innovative products for our clients
- Have an opportunity to grow within the company.
- Work with smart, hardworking, energetic, and awesome staff that take their work seriously, but also know how to relax and enjoy the finer things life has to offer
The Ideal Candidate
We’ve built this company by employing the most intelligent, energetic, and ambitious people we can find. We are looking to continue that tradition when forming this full time employee relationship. The ideal candidate is an energetic and highly-organized individual driven by a passion for social media, who loves developing exciting products, researching new innovative methods, and does what it takes to accomplish the tasks at hand. This individual knows ins and outs of social media applications and will be hired to be a company resource for information and development for all social media related projects. We are looking for an individual that is looking to contribute in all phases of a project life cycle from planning to development to release.
The Position and Responsibilities:
This is a full time onsite position.
Requirements and responsibilities include:
- Programming background and 5+ years experience with LAMP Technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, WAMP is ok too).
- Planning and building social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Social Media APIs and Roadmaps (Facebook, Twitter, oAuth, etc.)
- Facebook Application Development:
- Tabs and Canvas Applications (oAuth, API, permissions, embedded media)
- Developers Roadmap
- Facebook Insights for analytics
- Limitations, ins and outs of the Facebook Platform
- Widgets and Embeddable objects
- Twitter Application Development (oAuth, API, limitations)
- Knowledge of Source control (SVN, Git, etc.)
- Build analytics and reporting tools based on various data sources in different verticals (Website, Social Media, etc.).
- Content Management System (CMS) Development
- Produce quality work and show pride in your performance.
- Be able to work in a team and be reliable during times of heavy workload.
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to timelines and project plans.
- Have good communication skills to inform managers of progress and findings.
- Stay on top of the market by researching and utilizing the most cutting edge technologies.
- Self-Motivated, productive and highly-organized individual – Does what it takes to make a difference and get the job done.
- Great personality and the ability to work in a team of awesome people
- Familiarity with CodeIgniter PHP Framework, Expression Engine (EE), Drupal, Wordpress.
- Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Mobile Application/Web Development (iPhone, iPad, Website)
- Knowledge of Google+
- ASP .NET Development Experience
This position offers great growth opportunities to the right individual.
RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES THAT CONTACT THIS JOB POST WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Up to Date Resume
- Expected Salary
- A brief outline/cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position.
- Subject Line Should Read: APPLICANT – SOCIAL MEDIA DEVELOPER